Smoothie bowls are becoming increasingly popular. It’s no wonder, they are easy to make, beautiful to look at, nutritious, and super tasty! I have a smoothie every morning for breakfast and I wanted to create a recipe that put the spotlight on this trend and was seasonal at the same time. So, I created a Pumpkin Smoothie Bowl. It’s really easy to put together and perfectly captures Fall flavors.
- 1/2 Cup of Canned Pumpkin
- 1 Frozen Banana (Freeze outside of the peel)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Pumpkin spice
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- A Handful of Ice Cubes
- Pick your choice of toppings like Almonds, Chia Seeds, Banana, Pumpkin Seeds, Coconut, or Walnuts!
- Cutting Board
The night before you make your smoothie, peel and chop a banana and put it in a Ziploc bag and place it in the freezer.
The next morning, remove your banana from the freezer.
Place your banana and all other ingredients in your blender.
Blend until smooth.
Place smoothie into a bowl and cover with your choice of toppings!